Subject: If I were the devil - by Paul Harvey
From: Roger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 22:24:12 -0400

IF I WERE THE DEVIL
by Paul Harvey

"If I were the Devil I would gain control of the most powerful nation in

the
world;

I would delude their minds into thinking that they had come from man's
effort, instead of God's blessings;

I would promote an attitude of loving things and using people, instead
of
the
other way around;

I would dupe entire states into relying on gambling for their state
revenue;

I would convince people that character is not an issue when
it comes to leadership;

I would make it legal to take the life of unborn babies;

I would make it socially acceptable to take one's own life, and invent
machines to make it convenient;

I would cheapen human life as much as possible so that the life of
animals
are valued more than human beings;

I would take God out of the schools, where even the mention of His name
was
grounds for a law suit;

I would come up with drugs that sedate the mind and target the young;

I would get sports heroes to the job to advertise them;

I would get control of the media, so that every night I could pollute
the
mind of every family, the backbone of any nation;

I would make divorce acceptable and easy, even fashionable.....If the
family
crumbles, so does the nation;

I would compel people to express their most depraved fantasies on canvas

and
movie screens, and I would call it art;

I would try to convince the people that right and wrong are determined
by a
few who call themselves authorities and refer to their agenda as
politically
correct;

I would persuade people that the church is irrelevant and out of date,
and
the Bible is for the naive;

I would dull the minds of Christians, and make them believe that prayer
is
not important, and that faithfulness and obedience are optional;

I guess I would leave things pretty much the way they are."

"Paul Harvey.............Good Day."